Conservation and Ecosystem Management Traineeships
Would you love to work with a team of people who have a common goal of protecting natural areas and restoring ecosystem resilience on a range of sites from hinterland rainforests to dunal systems?
Are you looking for an employer of choice who fosters a collaborative team culture?
If you answered yes, ECOllaboration is interested in talking to you.
This position is an initiative by the Skilling for Queenslanders program and aims to upskill job seekers in the Sunshine Coast region. We have on offer 6-month traineeships (multiple positions) in Conservation & Ecosystem Management Certificate 1. These positions also offer trainees the opportunity to obtain their Agricultural Control & Distribution of Chemicals (ACDC) licence as well as a white card and chainsaw qualifications.
- Carry out environmental regeneration and revegetation works as directed.
- Carry out seed sewing, and production activities in a nursery environment as directed.
- Carry out safe and correct manual handling of heavy items up to 20kg
- Undertake appropriate handling, transportation and use of herbicides with an understanding of different techniques and applications
- Develop a working knowledge of native plant identification and suitable environments
- Develop an understanding of mapping and site planning
- Carry out weed control activities
- Carry out brush cutting and chainsaw activities under supervision
- Carry out equipment maintenance
- Study and submit assessments on time to complete a Certificate I in Conservation & Land Management.
The position may be physically demanding at times and requires a person who is fit, energetic, and flexible. Carry out safe and correct manual handling of heavy items up to 20kg.
Please submit your application by providing a cover letter addressed to the Skilling Queenslanders for Work Coordinator outlining:
- Which position you are applying for.
- How do you meet the essential required skills listed in the position description, and
- Why you are the right candidate for this position.
Email to email@example.com
Applications close 30 June 2022